- This event has passed.
AAADSW Kinship Program-New Minor Guardianship Law Training**ONLINE PRESENTATION**
March 16, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us on Zoom with your phone, tablet or computer for a presentation on the Minor Guardianship Law that goes into effect January 1, 2021. This new law replaces the Nonparent/3rd Party Custody Law.
The Minor Guardianship Law presentation will cover:
- How the new law impacts current nonparent/3rd party custody orders.
- The new requirements to be approved as a guardian.
- The papers and process to file for guardianship of a minor.
- What rights the parents and child have under the new law.
- How the new law impacts dependency cases when the child is involved in the child welfare system.
Registration is required.
To register, contact Kinship Navigator Sarah Revord by phone at 360-759-4317 or by email at email@example.com.