- This event has passed.
STEADI Fall Prevention Workshop-ONLINE ZOOM WEBINAR
May 21 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
**This workshop has been changed to be an online Zoom webinar to meet current social distancing guidelines.**
A senior who wants to stay independent?
A family caregiver who wants to protect your loved one from falling?
- 1 in 3 older adults falls each year
- 50-55% of falls happen in the home
- Serious injury or even death can result from a fall
- The most important fact is: Falls are preventable
Join us for a STEADI Fall Prevention workshop and learn about:
- Recognizing and reducing risk factors
- Making your home safer
- Talking with your healthcare providers about related medical factors
- Mobility devices that can help prevent falls and make getting around easier
- How medications and chronic conditions might increase fall risk
To register, contact ADRC: Information & Assistance at 360-694-8144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.